Originally Posted by Anonymous
Qusetion for FOGO players/parents: I am assuming everyone will be playing with college rules. After watching college Lax, I am concerned especially with the officiating and the cheating I see. This rule change has destroyed the position and made it more about who can cheat and get away with it. So many kids going early and not being called. In the games I watch you can see kids going against each other twice in conference play with totally different outcomes. There are also Good fogos who play no competition like Lehigh and Hofstra who look like superstars where kids in the BIG ten who would probably be ahead are mostly tied except for Rutgers who stink at face offs. ACC is up and down as well, looking to see what happens Thursday with Duke /ND after the lopsided result last week. Think it will be different this time. It's vey hard to figure out. Any advice?

They have been changing the face-off rules every year or so since around 1979 - 80..... deal with it.

Yes, obviously it will be dealt with. Do you have anything constructive to add, or do you just enjoy trolling?

As the father of a FOGO, most every FOGO will push the limits of what is allowed. They will figure out quickly what the refs will allow. The ref will do his best to enforce his interpretation of the rules. The committee wanted a faster game. They got it, the shot clock, the new FO rules.. The new rules hurt my son, he is adapting and lucklily, he is behind a D1 commit and has this year to keep getting better..

The face off will eventually be eliminated. Very few college coaches on the rules committees support the face off. They prefer to a speed game with lots of points and parity. Envision something like basketball eliminating most jump balls.
Don't think they will go to a basketball style rule where, after a goal, the opposing team takes the ball in from the end line as this will not speed up the game. In fact, it will slow the game down and put too much emphasis on the ride which is an important part of the game but not the only thing. New rules are good and the shot clock are dramatic improvements.