Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you do not need to have at least a .500 record to get an at large bid to the tournament. Seems like they will have their work cut out for them especially with the big ten. Not playing out of conference really gives us no idea how good these big ten teams are. Difficult to see how they would stack up against the lower ranked ACC teams etc.

Recent History...

2016 Final Four:

B1G - Maryland, Penn State
ACC- UNC, Syracuse

UNC - National Champion

2017 - Final Four:

B1G - Maryland, Penn State
ACC - BC

Maryland - National Champion

2018 Final Four:

B1G - Maryland
ACC - BC, UNC

JMU - National Championship

2019 Final Four:

B1G - Maryland, Northwestern
ACC - BC, UNC

Maryland - National Champion

So let me get this straight, The Big 10 is only playing in conference so we will look at their records and then try to compare Big 10 teams to the rest of Division 1 women's teams? Since some of the teams have sub par records we must assume that they are not very good. OK, I get it.

If I understand correctly, we are to assume that the two strongest programs in the history of the sport suddenly fell apart and are no longer competitive. I guess Hopkins and Penn State are not competitive, Forget about Michigan who was ranked 11th at the end of the 2019 eason (the last full season of play). OSU and Rutgers most certainly couldn't win a non-conference game....

Wow sensitive Sally. I used the lower ranked ACC as they seem to have similar records to many of the big 10 teams. You obviously think every big ten team should make the tournament why not just say that instead of your sarcastic nonsense. If you watch Maryland some would say they have fallen apart compared to the old days ,they seem worse than the Maryland team that lost 19-6 to UNC. Not sure how Maryland would do this year in the ACC will be interesting to see who the committee selects.

Both are excellent conferences. Challenging to judge / rank teams this year. No doubt Maryland is down from their peak but still a competitive team. I don't know if every Big Ten team should make the tournament but they all look pretty good.

Big 10 all look pretty good. Cmon man.

NU 10-0 208 Goals for. 103 goals against
Maryland 6-3. 112 GF 116 GA
Hopkins 3-4. 70 GF. 87 GA
Michigan 3-4. 82 GF. 86 GA
PSU. 3-6. 114 GF. 128 GA
Rutgers 3-6. 95 GF. 129 GA
OSU 3-8. 114 GF. 146 GA

How many pages devoted to how good the Big 10 is. Max to get in NCAA should be top 2. Can we stop with how tough conference is. Maybe a little defense would help these teams.

ACC - In Conference Record....

UNC..............6 - 0..... 103 GF.......39 GA
BC.................5 -1........99 GF........74 GA
Syracuse.......5 - 1.......87 GF.........70 GA
Notre Dame...3 - 3.......76 GF.........73 GA
Virginia...........4 - 4.......80 GF.........99 GA
Duke..............3 - 5.......87 GF........98 GA
Louisville........1 - 6.......68 GF........100 GA
Va Tech..........0 - 6.......49 GF........97 GA