Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son going to a Catholic school next year. He's on an Express team but not the A team. Do these B team kids sit the bench or are they getting playing time at the Catholic schools?

At Chaminade, except for games against Darien / St. Anthony's, etc., for the JV-B (freshman) team it usually works like this -

Starters (top two middie lines) - first half
Second group - third quarter
Third/fourth groups - split the fourth quarter

There will be movement within these groups based on injuries, performance, etc. If your boy ends up in one of the first two groups by the end of the season, he will probably be invited to Express A next summer as the roster grows to 30.

Definitely check out the history of the Express B, 91B Etc. Over the years there are very few division one college commits. In fact most of them do not commit anywhere or commits to colleges people never even heard of. Much better off not playing for the big organization B team and playing elsewhere. Also playing for Express B does not necessarily get your kid playing time on the varsity team but definitely gets a kid a better chance of making the team.

That's just not true. Top half of 91 and Express B teams do have some commitments to top tier D1 programs and many of the players commit to D3 programs.

not B teams... single "A" teams

2021 91 Ambush, which is the second team, has no d1 commits and express second team has only one. It is easy to look up. These low numbers are true for the past several years. Don’t believe this and keep your kid on the second team and find out the hard way when it is too late or you can do the research now and find out that only the AA teams get multiple D1 commits. Don’t believe anyone here. Do the research on your own.

I don't need my kid to go top 10 D1 and cost me 250k to play lacrosse. The kids on the second team go to amazing schools to get a high paying career, not to coach clinics or travel teams.