Originally Posted by Anonymous
GI was one of the worst there. There were a few really bad clubs. There were about 6 teams that were exceptionally bad that ended up beating on each other during a meaningless day 2.. Bottom line: Any of the lower echelon teams could have had "easier" schedule but it don't matter because they can't beat the better teams like 91, Exp, etc, etc

GI was actually surprisingly a very gritty team. Took 1 or 2 goal losses to Eclipse, Primetime, Rebels. Then Beat up on Legacy and Shore 2 Shore. Like if they are in that top bracket would have an easy path to championship bracket.
Rebels, Legacy and Shore 2 Shore had no business being there, regardless of what their records wound up being. No meaningful wins and clearly miles behind the top tier teams. They are not doing their brand any favors by getting in tournaments over their head.

Someone needs a hug
More like our owner needs to stop putting us into top level tournaments when we are not able to be competitive. Give up an entire weekend, spend a fortune on shabby hotels and food only to get manhandled by good teams. If anyone speaks up and asks for a reality check your kid will be watching from the bench. Some program.

Define "competitive" please. Everyone had the same experience you did, Captain America. You paid the same as I did, you stayed in the same shabby hotels, you paid the same $14 for the chicken quesadilla, and if your son didn't get "manhandled" this weekend, he will at some point in his life. If I wasted my weekend, so did you. And if your response is "well at least my son more games than yours did" you should stop whatever it is your doing (which is probably nothing), look at yourself in the mirror, and ask where it is you went wrong in your life that you validate yourself on your 14 year old's exploits.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but the original poster is clearly frustrated by their teams lack of competitiveness and inclusion in the qualifier. I sympathize with them. Our team had no shot at advancing yet we attended for the "experience". It costs a lot of money to attend. Without a real tier system you had top talent teams playing non competitive teams day 1. Day 2 separated the talent slightly but how was CoachC not on the opposite side of the bracket of 91. Both are the top teams in this class. The seeding should of had them meet in the finals unless an upset occurred. That is how seeding works. One of the teams in the finals clearly didn't belong there. The lack of oversight in lacrosse is unbelievable. Why is there no tiered system like other youth sports (hockey, soccer). It doesn't make either program better to play teams well out of talent level in either direction.