Originally Posted by Anonymous
With the central and south qualifier done, does anyone know how many of this teams qualified? One only had 3 teams. The other only had 5 teams. Does anyone know how many teams from north will qualify?
Just reserve your hotel already. They'll take all the North and East teams because nobody else wants to go. Renaming the event the WS of NE Lacrosse. Look on their site, the other regions mostly bailed. North and East are only playing because its relatively close.

To be fair, no Central, south or west team is going to be able to hang with the East or North top teams using the WSYL rules (on age and 100 miles)

(on age and 100 miles)........This rule is getting blown up so many places by so many teams. 2026 insanity sure didn't slow down for WSYL. This is a truly special set of parents at this age from Coast to Coast. I am not calling out the East or North. It is happening in every region. It's really sad.
I blame US Lacrosse for not using USA Hockeys format of playing based on birthyear rather than graduation. It would solve all the youth lacrosse issues regarding holdbacks or in this example actual teams qualifying to compete at the WSYL rather than all star teams. Defeats the purpose. High school and beyond then I agree age is no longer a factor. Big boys then play with big boys.