Baldwinsville (III) defeats Suffern (I), 9-8, Final

NYSPHSAA Class B Semifinals

Brighton (V) defeats Manhasset (VIII), 9-8, Final
Syracuse CBA (III) defeats John Jay (I), 17-13, Final

NYSPHSAA Class C Semifinals

Mount Sinai (XI) defeats Honeyoe Falls-Lima (V), 5-5, In Overtime
Skaneateles (III) defeats Putnam Valley (I), 16-6, Final

Highlights

Farmingdale parlayed a 6-4 halftime advantage into a 10-6 win over Section V Penfield and trip to the NYSPHSAA Championship match on Saturday, June 8th. The Dales will face Baldwinsville from Section III, a 9-8 winner over Suffern.

Brighton from Section V surprised Section VIII's Manhasset Indians with a 9-8 final after leading 5-4 at halftime. Brighton held possession for the last three minutes of the game to secure the win. The Brighton ball control seems to have been the antedote for Manhasset's speed. Manhasset changed goalies with ten minutes remaining in the game and the score knotted at seven.

In the Class C bracket, Mount Sinai took a 5-3 lead into the half. Trying to run out the clock with three minutes remaining and a 5-4 lead, the delay tactics backfired as Mount Sinai passed up an open cage in favor of possession, but lost the ball on the wet turf with one minute remaining. Honeyoe Falls-Lima converted to level the game at 5-5 with 0:32 remaining. HFL had the last shot of regulation and just missed with the game moving to overtime.