Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's all thank the wisdom of the NCAA with their reaction to grant every kid in college the 5th year of eligibility and to every high school kid for the next 4-5 years until this decision cycles through. Most of the teams played up to 8 games and 4 scrimmages last year while the high schools (NY) did not even have a practice. All of the D1 schools are getting in on the act of graduate students or 5th-year seniors transferring in and knocking the roster players down a rung on the depth chart. The next time you watch a college game on television take a look at the roster and see if you feel the same about the players and the game in general. This is akin to how the Olympics used to be when the Russians were playing with pros against our college students, no different here. It was bad enough with the holdbacks and double holdbacks, the NCAA needed to crush nearly any chance of an on-age kid competing in D1 as a freshman or sophomore. Lacrosse is a great sport being ruined by US Lacrosse, the NCAA, and families that have the means to game the system through loose rules. All I can say is that I don't feel the same watching a bunch of men running around purporting to be college kids.

Then don't watch it. Pretty sure they will be just fine without you.

To be real, no one really watches college lacrosse or any other college sport other than football and basketball.

Very true, a full slate of games this weekend, but College Softball was on. If you're unhappy with how the NCAA is working, the best solution is to complain incessantly on an anonymous lacrosse forum. I am sure it will get right to Mark Emmert.