Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.

Lol, profanity.....I said mess

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.[/quote]

Cheerleaders are athletes too.

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.[/quote]

cheerleading isn't a sport.[/quote]
Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.

Lol, profanity.....I said mess

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.[/quote]

Cheerleaders are athletes too.

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.[/quote]

cheerleading isn't a sport.[/quote]
Iā€™m not the OP- So says the old dude posting on the middle school sports forum.

Love to see you attempt half the garbage those kids do.

šŸ˜‚