Originally Posted by Anonymous
some early Tewaaraton thoughts predictions:

Top contenders : North,Ortega, Scane ,Kennedy

Kennedy : While elite on the draw circle she is not elite on either the offensive or defensive side and if she played in the ACC would be a good player but would not have the numbers she has.She will now tear thru her conference putting up big numbers and Spallina hype machine will be in full effect. 1 assist on season and shooting percent 38% not very impressive.

North : Very dynamic and flashy but does not make anyone around her any better and her game seems to be all about her. When her team mate passed up on the empty net goal against USC with the game all but over but North decided to put one more in to pad the stat line with 20 seconds or so left it showed exactly what she is all about.

Scane; Putting up big numbers but also taking an incredible amount of shots per game. Has not played any real top teams yet so will be interesting when she does. I would say she is probably the front runner at the moment but would prefer if she did more than just score, no draws, not great at riding, and play little competition so far.

Ortega: The most well rounded of the group as she can score and get team mates involved . That said against the better competition this season she averages 2.6 g and 1.6 A on 42 % shooting while in the blow outs she has an average of 4g 2.5 A on 88% shooting. I watched several of their games this weekend and her 12 shots against Duke was a bit much when you have that talent around you and against Vandy she seemed like the good high school layer whose dad told them they need to score more .Another player who is purely offensive , no draws etc.

I usually think the Tewaaraton should go to the best player not the best scorer but the all around goal scorer ,who gets team mates involved with assists ,helps on the draw and plays great defense don't seem to exist anymore. Given the above I think Trenchard the defender from UNC who is also on the draw circle at times and is fun to watch will eventually be the one to win the award.

Agree and would love to see a Defender win it but I don't think it is likely. If Carolina wins the National Championship they should give it to The Carolina Defense, Goalie and Midfielders.....