It's not "so sad" that these kids got into private schools. Good for them. What is sad is that the parents think it's so special, treat their kid's HS choice like it's the NBA draft, and then feel a need to broadcast it to the world. Trying to pit school tuition offerings against each other and take money from schools when your family doesn't need it is makes it even more obnoxious. And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the parents drone on and on about what great teams and coaches their daughter will be playing on/for. Well of course they're great when they can recruit top players - DUH !!! but these parents lick their chops even as their daughters are giving up (sometimes up to 2 seasons of) playing time, position preference, and possibly years of making varsity to go play for these schools/teams. I bet if you asked any of these parents what they loved about any of these "schools" they couldn't give you an answer. They're using whatever high school they think will give their kid an advantage in lax and whichever coach can help t hem achieve that. It has nothing to do with them liking the school or picking the best academic institution for their child. It's ALL ABOUT LAX. Do I blame these families ? No, of course not. Will I do the same thing for my kid? eeh Maybe. But let's all stop the false pretenses and call a spade a spade. This is the part that people find so sad.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Paying for 8th graders-sad
What”s so sad about this? If your child was offered an academic scholarship would that be so sad also? The girls that were able to win awards and financial package come from all financial backgrounds and each one had to be accepted into their chosen school. So that means they had the grades, recommendations and in some cases the test scores to be accepted.