Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please stop! So let’s hear the Li teams they actually beat? They have a solid 5 kids that should actually take their talent to another team. I would agree that they do have good coaching.

To do what? Be on another team that only has 5 or 6 kids. How many LI teams have depth beyond that?
IMO they may as well stay where they are and be on a team with an amazing coach.

Also, it begs the question, why do YOU care??? It's not your son on that team. It's not your hard earned money paying their tuition. You do you.
It makes me wonder why so many people care about a team that according to them is no good and doesn't belong there. You should be happy! One easy team for your son the lacrosse god to beat.

There definitely seems like too many people obsessed with this team. Nervous? Jealous? Why care so much about express 2nd team??

Did you ever think maybe those “solid 5-6 players” may have come from other teams because they want to play for Express?
My kid loves playing for them. He’s played for other teams good coaches, daddy coaches,young coaches etc. Made other teams in different tryouts but HIS choice was to play here. He’s coached well,plays the position he likes, improving his skills and is happy. So I don’t see why I would send him to True Blue or Lockjaw or 91 or anywhere else. Great he’ll never leave the field! Play every position but goalie! But he’ll also not win much or be where he wants.
Ridiculous comment by the jealous poster. There’s probably more than 8 players on that team that have come from other teams to play this season with Express Wieczorek that can play for any other team on the island. Get over yourself. They play where they want to be. Go watch your own kid.
In this tough year being on Express Wieczorek has been great for my son.

You seem to get it. Do what is best by your son! These kids only have so many opportunities to be carefree and play. As this blog clearly shows they will be big fat has beens living through their kids soon enough. They are all 12 and barely 13 which means they are closer to being draft eligible than they were when they played in kindergarten. Think about that. Stop putting more undue pressure on them then they are already getting from their peers, their school work, and puberty for that matter. Grind your axes and take out your frustrations in your alumni games. Stop putting more pressure on our kids that we never had to deal with. Stop shaming parents, coaches, and most of all kids for that matter. In the end make sure your son is happy, well adjusted, and participates in as many sports and activities that he can. We should all be parents that guide our kids and push them to excel but not at the expense of their happiness or our own for that matter. Find what works for you and yours, set expectations that are attainable and mind your own business. Speak positively on this blog and criticize face to face. God knows there's enough negative BS in this world that we don't need to perpetuate it. Good luck and good health to all of the players and teams participating this season and beyond. Wins & Losses matter but not as much as relationships, integrity, and happiness.

TLDR
Please stop! So let’s hear the Li teams they actually beat? They have a solid 5 kids that should actually take their talent to another team. I would agree that they do have good coaching.

To do what? Be on another team that only has 5 or 6 kids. How many LI teams have depth beyond that?
IMO they may as well stay where they are and be on a team with an amazing coach.

Also, it begs the question, why do YOU care??? It's not your son on that team. It's not your hard earned money paying their tuition. You do you.
It makes me wonder why so many people care about a team that according to them is no good and doesn't belong there. You should be happy! One easy team for your son the lacrosse god to beat.

There definitely seems like too many people obsessed with this team. Nervous? Jealous? Why care so much about express 2nd team??

Did you ever think maybe those “solid 5-6 players” may have come from other teams because they want to play for Express?
My kid loves playing for them. He’s played for other teams good coaches, daddy coaches,young coaches etc. Made other teams in different tryouts but HIS choice was to play here. He’s coached well,plays the position he likes, improving his skills and is happy. So I don’t see why I would send him to True Blue or Lockjaw or 91 or anywhere else. Great he’ll never leave the field! Play every position but goalie! But he’ll also not win much or be where he wants.
Ridiculous comment by the jealous poster. There’s probably more than 8 players on that team that have come from other teams to play this season with Express Wieczorek that can play for any other team on the island. Get over yourself. They play where they want to be. Go watch your own kid.
In this tough year being on Express Wieczorek has been great for my son.

You seem to get it. Do what is best by your son! These kids only have so many opportunities to be carefree and play. As this blog clearly shows they will be big fat has beens living through their kids soon enough. They are all 12 and barely 13 which means they are closer to being draft eligible than they were when they played in kindergarten. Think about that. Stop putting more undue pressure on them then they are already getting from their peers, their school work, and puberty for that matter. Grind your axes and take out your frustrations in your alumni games. Stop putting more pressure on our kids that we never had to deal with. Stop shaming parents, coaches, and most of all kids for that matter. In the end make sure your son is happy, well adjusted, and participates in as many sports and activities that he can. We should all be parents that guide our kids and push them to excel but not at the expense of their happiness or our own for that matter. Find what works for you and yours, set expectations that are attainable and mind your own business. Speak positively on this blog and criticize face to face. God knows there's enough negative BS in this world that we don't need to perpetuate it. Good luck and good health to all of the players and teams participating this season and beyond. Wins & Losses matter but not as much as relationships, integrity, and happiness.

TLDR
You read it. It bothers you. LOL