Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express is just sending the B team just to make the parents happy! Happy parent equals more money. Have they even won a game?

So what if they are? The kids still get a great experience!
Yes they have won games.
Why does it bother you or anyone else that they send 2 teams. Last I checked, no one was fundraising for the poor kids on Express to attend the WSYL qualifiers. Is it because you're afraid they'll have an advantage? If not, then you and others

like you, seem to care an awful lot about "b" kids, that have no impact on your elite lacrosse kid.

I'm sure the long time Express kids that were bumped to the B team will enjoy losing at the qualifiers and watching their buddys in the summer.

As I understand it, they had more than 25 on their roster coming into this season. Those parents knew there was a chance their kid might not go with the top team.

Yes, but there is hope that might not happen and if they attend enough trainings their sons skills will be recognized and he will get bumped up the depth chart. Yes, parents actually believe this instead of just accepting the spot where their son belongs. And let things just progress over time.

That is the Express sales model. And you bought it hook, line and sinker.

Express W going for the WS qualifier is a stronger team than prob 90% of the teams on LI aside from maybe 2-3. Top notch coaching so I wouldn't jump to criticize anyone that makes that choice for their son.