If you really want to do something about it you must speak with your PAL Director from your town. Have he or she write up a proposal to be presented at the next NCPAL board meeting and NCPAL will have to put it to a vote.

Originally Posted by Anonymous

With that being said: NCPAL should adopt the USLacrosse rules of 'age specific' divisions and move away from 'grade specific' - doing it by grade there can be close to a two year swing in age right now (ie: one kid gets 'left back' DOB 12/3/05 and another DOB 11/29/07) - they can both be in the 'same grade' - In MS and HS this is fine b/c the physical maturity is there - but as a youth.....this is unacceptable - the younger kid can get seriously hurt - And this league is supposed to be about 'SAFETY' ---- Not this way -- It is time to move on and think of the kids well being.....and not how it 'used to be' - Note: they say they go by age limits as well - but there are 'left backs' all over the league b/c the higher ups 'approve' by grade and not by age - I know of 5 situations myself - please do something before some kid gets maimed

I agree. It's not just the kids that get left back, there are more and more kids starting school a year late these days to gain a competitive edge later on. It's getting so crazy that there are August birthdays now being held back a year by there parents.

Same argument for club. Everything needs to be age specific with birth certificate backing. The cheating, holding back, and everything else goes away. In soccer, you get caught playing down and you're done! Only people who don't want this are the cheaters and manipulators, plain and simple. My kid is a big early grower, if we held him back it would be so un-fair to the kids a foot smaller than him. Oh, and then he's a superstar for beating up on smaller, younger, kids? I don't think so.... BTW this topic has been discussed way too many times on various threads. I will not post again on it.