Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]As I noted earlier Cuse is the team to beat. Many experience 5th years and seniors. But I was shocked at Loyola lack of 1v1 defense, and overall stick handling.

Please , other than a Loyolla team that looked like they have not played or practiced in 11 months it’s been a long time since Cuse has beaten a top 5 team . Calling them the team to beat seems like maybe wait till they beat an actual top 5 team .[/quot

Seriously your basing they are the team to beat on their final four appearance in 2017 . A few things about that , that’s sad , they did not make final four as they got blown out by BC earlier than that , I would ask when was the last time they won the ACC or made the final four but you would just make up more nonsense . They are a good team with a legit chance this year but until someone beats UNC they are the team to beat as I think they have earned it by winning the ACC the last several years , making the actual final four the last 2 , bringing back virtually all their starters and adding a stud 5th year transfer or 2 and adding a top ranked freshman class .

Sorry, not the one saying Syracuse is the team to beat. Just believe they are an excellent team this year and certainly one of the Top 8 - 10 Programs. Also, my mistake, Syracuse did not reach The Final Four in 2017. However, they did advance to The Final Four in 2015 and 2016 that’s two of the past four final fours. Once again they are in elite company.

Wouldn’t that be 2 of the last 5 . Again basing the team to beat on a final four 5 years ago seems odd

Again, I’m not the one saying that Syracuse is the team to beat but they are definitely one of the Top Programs. Two trips to the Final Four is pretty darn good, probably better than all but two or three programs. Only time will tell but Syracuse should be very good this year and they are one of the teams with legit shot at Final Four. Other teams with legit shot IMHO are:
- North Carolina
- Northwestern
- Stony Brook
Not sure who else... MD, PSU, Virginia, Florida??
I do not think Notre Dame will be there in the end.