Originally Posted by Anonymous

With that being said: NCPAL should adopt the USLacrosse rules of 'age specific' divisions and move away from 'grade specific' - doing it by grade there can be close to a two year swing in age right now (ie: one kid gets 'left back' DOB 12/3/05 and another DOB 11/29/07) - they can both be in the 'same grade' - In MS and HS this is fine b/c the physical maturity is there - but as a youth.....this is unacceptable - the younger kid can get seriously hurt - And this league is supposed to be about 'SAFETY' ---- Not this way -- It is time to move on and think of the kids well being.....and not how it 'used to be' - Note: they say they go by age limits as well - but there are 'left backs' all over the league b/c the higher ups 'approve' by grade and not by age - I know of 5 situations myself - please do something before some kid gets maimed

I agree. It's not just the kids that get left back, there are more and more kids starting school a year late these days to gain a competitive edge later on. It's getting so crazy that there are August birthdays now being held back a year by there parents.