Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jim is stepping down at the end of this year. It will be interesting to see who takes over and what direction PAL heads. NCPAL has done a fantastic job over the years and I am sure with a few tweaks they will continue to fulfill their mission of town lacrosse. Club, OBLL, etc, that's where the stars belong so let PAL survive for the rest of us.

With that being said: NCPAL should adopt the USLacrosse rules of 'age specific' divisions and move away from 'grade specific' - doing it by grade there can be close to a two year swing in age right now (ie: one kid gets 'left back' DOB 12/3/05 and another DOB 11/29/07) - they can both be in the 'same grade' - In MS and HS this is fine b/c the physical maturity is there - but as a youth.....this is unacceptable - the younger kid can get seriously hurt - And this league is supposed to be about 'SAFETY' ---- Not this way -- It is time to move on and think of the kids well being.....and not how it 'used to be' - Note: they say they go by age limits as well - but there are 'left backs' all over the league b/c the higher ups 'approve' by grade and not by age - I know of 5 situations myself - please do something before some kid gets maimed