Originally Posted by Anonymous
Much better Coach, really? SB was out of their league.
We were actually saying when it was 10-7 w 15 minutes to go that if coaches were reversed NC would of been up 10. My daughter is a UNC alum and
This is the most talented roster as long as we have been around. Great job by SB got the game really close after halftime and even better job by these teams to pull the game together. Should be a fun fun season

They were doubled up... not that close. Definitely out coached today.

SBU just doesn’t do a good job on defense and HC doesn’t recruit the top defenders. Playing a gimmick backer defense doesn’t work at college level. Way to many easy goals despite the good play of SBU goalie. Clearing was also a problem. I know everyone wants to see goals but defense wins. Sooo..... is that coaching, recruiting or a combination???

Last time that I checked "recruiting" was part of a college coaches job... Both the offensive and defensive schemes used by UNC were better than the ones SBU used. UNC didn't need superstars to exploit the SBU Defensive Scheme, all they needed to do was work the game plan / strategy. I didn't see any adjustments from SBU on either side of the ball.

Agree 100% that the team that plays the best defense will win.