Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook heading to UNC for Sunday game! Two teams with legitimate shot at The Final Four. Should be a good game. IMHO both teams “Win” for making this happen.

Maybe but honestly I am surprised UNC took the game as they have everything to lose and not much to gain other than experience. My guess is Levy and Spallina both coaching the US team had something to do with it. Should be an interesting game as in my opinion UNC has the deeper more talented players but SBU the much better coach.Also all these early season games are going to most likely be very sloppy with the teams not having played in real games in some time.

UNC has everything to lose? What do they have to lose? It is a game, that is all and that is all they have to lose.

You must be a complete bore , thanks for the it’s a game captain obvious . What does UNC have to lose , well they could lose their #1 ranking in every poll ,they could lose a possible top NCAA tournament seeding , they could lose some of their programs luster by loosing this game , say what you want but pretty much everyone outside of Long Islanders has UNC as a top tier program with Maryland and has Stony Brook below that level .

Call me crazy... I am of the mindset that good coaches and players want to compete. They want to challenge themselves, they don’t want to hide and hope they remain ranked #1. They believe in themselves and they believe in their team and they welcome the opportunity to prove it on the field.

On the other hand I guess there are some who believe in hype, polls and opinion and would therefore not want to jeopardize some lofty status by actually going out of their way to challenge themselves.

Nothing to lose, everything to learn.