Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the empire kids at this age group? Older empire girls are decent, but the 2024s seem to have crashed and burned. The b team got beat all fall by like ten goals a game and the A team lost to all other Long Island teams they played. Is there a difference in coaching? What happened to the age group? Anyone whose a part of this club would love insight as I had originally considered moving my kid to empire.

We don’t play for empire but can also say that they look weaker at this age group than the older girls did as freshman. I’m sure it’s just a learning curve of some sort but definitely odd to see

Just curious what empire team you thought was good at the older age???
The 2022 was never strong
The 2023 probably the strongest in the program but they lost to YJ 25 and Elevate.
I believe the 24 team was a merger with Bengals. not sure what happen to them but the goalie went to YJ Kildare. maybe a few others followed her

The 21 abs 23 teams looked pretty good. Agreed that the Bengals team isn't looking all that great as of late.

I’m sure any other empire girls with talent will jump ship this summer.

Yea but where are they going to go? A yellow jackets E team?

if you are a talented 23' or 24' you can possibly find a spot on YJ kildare 24 or Rella 23. I would think the top 5 kids on those Empire teams could make a YJ B team. very hard yet not impossible to find a spot on the top teams, but I am sure you would have a known name already going into the tryout