Originally Posted by Anonymous
What actually happened is that FL canceled the championships. So, while there won't be recognized standings or league champions, schools are free to play games on an institution-by-institution basis. Each school will have to decide on if/when they will play and be in agreement with the opponent. My son's school said they will take into consideration the opposing team's school's COVID protocols. Also, they won't be crossing state lines so only opponents in CT. I also heard something about maybe all-boys schools won't be allowed to play co-ed schools, which makes no sense to me but what do I know.

Its going to be a ___show! my son plays FL lax and the coach said it will be a week by week basis BUT they have already said no Wednesday/Sat games rather Friday and Sat game IF both teams ALL test negative Mon/Tues. Already 2 of the FL teams have said they aren't playing. As of now no crossing state lines so no playing TP or the good Mass teams. Lucky to get in 10 games. Utter shame. My son played travel lax all last summer and COVID was higher and he took precautions as did the parents and all worked out. Play with darn masks and socially distance when not playing the game. I would even say wear a mask and a cascade shield if that gets the kids playing. This is ridiculous! Everywhere else is having a season. The seniors missing out on ending their career in a positive fashion and the Juniors and Sophomores are missing out on playing time for recruiting and getting ready for the summer. The FL cares about one thing - $$ in their pockets by having the boarders pay and stay on campus. Absolute embarrassment.