Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Forget express talk. I’m not talking about any team. I’m generally speaking. Let’s call the team Joeys lacrosse team ok. If Joeys lacrosse team had 85 kids at tryouts, 27 or so of those kids make the team. Some of those 27 might not play much in tight games. Some of those 27 may rarely come off the field. That’s top club lacrosse. Parents have to understand this. This isn’t PAL. If this team practices hard, if this team is coached well and Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL, congrats to the kids, congrats to the coaches, congrats to the parents. On the flip side of the coin. Now if Joeys lacrosse team grabs a couple kids a few months later, Joeys team grabs 4 more kids from Pennsylvania. Now the holidays pass, let’s grab 2 more kids from CT. Now the qualifier is coming let’s grab another all star from Delaware. Now I hear some stud up in the Rochester area wants on Joeys team, let’s grab him before the deadline too. Our 27 kids are now 37 kids. Joeys lacrosse team added 10 studs, now they are all stars at every position. A mixture of 5 teams playing on Joeys lacrosse team. I’m sorry if Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL doing this, it’s tainted. It’s not the same. If the national league all star team all wore Mets jerseys, the group with the Mets jerseys would win the World Series.

Mixing of teams with kids from different state weeks and months before to try and compete is worse then holdbacks who have been with a team from day one. Change my mind.

Hobsons choice!