Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jamie’s Winston is making 20 something million a year. Not 7th grade kids, whose parents shell out money for this. The above guy just don’t get it. My definition of a team are kids who play together the entire season. Best kids play the most, absolutely. The way some others, like the guy above, their definition of a team is scrape together 14 kids, strangers, out of state, wherever, right up until tournament deadline. Give them jerseys and helmets for the qualifier. This is what’s wrong with club sports today. Some people don’t even see this. Winning like this is worse than losing.

I am going to guess that your son is one of the boys who may not make the roster. If that is the case, I can understand your sentiments. Def not fun.

But you need to see it through the eyes of the better players, too. Their parents are also paying. The recent additions are not here just for the qualifier. They are not here for the WS. They are here to play on the best team with the best competition long past the WS. Respectfully, what you are describing is a PAL team. You can get that at many other clubs. You will not get that with this coach. This is what top talent is looking for.

A top team will always attract the best talent. If you can’t take the heat, it may be time to get out of the kitchen. Or least not be resentful about it.