Originally Posted by Anonymous
i didn’t know 91 still had a girls program

thought they folded it up a few years ago

i do remember they had a very good team a couple of seasons back. maybe It was this woman’s team but i thought they may have been younger for some reason

They did have a decent ‘23 who folded and are now YJ B and C team players. The coach of that team also went to YJ and cozz as he’s YJ ‘24. One of the 91 owners wouldn’t even let his own ‘25 daughter play for 91 girls. He is a YJ coach. 91 is just not a good girls program.

Here come the parade of parents trying to convince everyone that if you don’t play for YJ you don’t play in college.... what a joke. You’d think after years of lax politics you’d grow up and realize that there are more strong teams than yellow jackets.

But 91 isn't one of them. The better girls will leave by 6-7th grade. 91 teams can't play in high brackets...would get beatdown/destroyed. I think they are too scared to even travel to MD. Not good for recruiting.

This comment is truly the epitome of the issue with this site and Long Island lacrosse. The girls aren’t scared... you act like anyone who isn’t YJ is petrified to lose a game. There are dozens of great tournaments and showcases not in Maryland. What world are you in.

I live in a world called being realistic. If your daughter has the talent and wants to play lacrosse at a high level in college, it's not going to happen playing for a team like 91. Another poster explained why 91 and other lower-tier teams can not get into the top recruiting tournaments. If she's just playing for fun, then that's a different story, and 91 might be fine if you don't mind spending $$ with basically no shot at a top school. My older daughter actually played for 91 when she was younger, but then we switched to YJ after I realized she was going nowhere quick on 91. YJ definitely has its issues, but things worked out. The only clubs on LI that have a track record of producing high-level D1 players are TG and YJ (maybe Legacy), and they both have their pros and cons. I would strongly suggest that you think hard about that and then pick the club where your daughter will actually get meaningful playing time, feels valued, and shows improvement. I think 91 is fine for an inexperienced beginner in grades 1-5, for a season or two, after that, if you don't make a move, you're crazy!

disagree. If your kid is good they will get into a high level program regardless. I think that you’re probably just someone trying to get the best kids to your daughters team by pretending that other programs are less than. Yellow jackets teams at this age are not nearly as good as they once were. They also offer zero recruiting help. This is all a ploy to try and deter families from other clubs.

If you play as one of the clubs that isn’t top guns or legacy, I can assure you from 20 years coaching highschool and club that this is obnoxious dad politics. Flg 91 legacy etc are all just fine. Let your daughter play and enjoy the sport while still having access to play at any school that fits her for her level