Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just going to give some advice to parents on here from having two older daughters who got college scholarships

If your kid is playing for rush, recon, or shore 2 shore girls I’d suggest getting a refund and finding a new team for the summer and going forward. Your kid has zero hope being seen playing for these teams. Unfortunately, 2024 elevate is going down too. A bunch of girls left last year, and I’m waiting for the rest to bail soon. Program used to be great, but is quickly falling apart.

I’d love to hear about which teams your daughters play for and your opinion of your team so that we can all figure out where we should be placing our kids.

Can you elaborate why?

My daughter played for one of the above mentioned teams for a few years. We loved what they stood for (big on community service) and at the time, they fit our needs (local tournaments). One of the downsides of being on that team was that some of the players (or it could have been a result of the parents being busy, etc.) didn't make the same time commitment to being at practices. My daughter would often get in the car and tell me how few girls were there. That had an impact on her morale and it showed in the teams' performance on the field. My daughter's interest in lacrosse had changed from what it was 3 years prior, so we decided it might be worth looking into other teams.

This past summer our daughter decided to try out for another team that she had played, and lost to, in tournaments. She made the team and so far we've been very happy with how things have progressed for her. She's upbeat when returning from practices and that says a lot to me. We'll see how it goes this Spring/Summer with the tournaments.

It may just be an opinion, but from my experience I can explain why. These clubs are smaller and get less attention. Since their teams are not highly skilled, they get placed into very low brackets and don't get invited to tournaments such as nationals this summer which I know Legacy has enrolled in and 91 and YJ were invited to. Coaches have less personal connections to these teams because they don't have as many high level older players who have built relationships over the past few years. Let's take rush for example, they don't have a 22 or 23 team (that I know of) so when it comes time for the 24s the club has been completely off the radar for two years. If they were doing something to combat this, a coach heavily involved with recruiting and in contact with multiple coaches often, a coach who played for a high level school with friends who are coaches etc it would help slightly.

These teams also bring in kids who are less committed, as mentioned above. If you look at social media on other teams, you'll notice they are at solo and team trainings constantly with almost 100% attendance. Some may argue that YJ and Legacy have high numbers on their 24 rosters because of money, but it can also be said it could be to have numbers in the case that kids aren't showing up. Ideally, you'd want your daughter on a team that has extremely committed players who show up to everything and are in communication with players and parents frequently. These are the teams that will not only elevate individuals games, but team culture and cohesion on the field while attracting coaches.

Completely agree with this and that the "top teams" have shifted from the 22/23 class to the 24 class