Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of these schools are not committing to anything right now. I've heard of a few prep schools that are planning to play games where they can find competition. Connecticut and Massachusetts public schools are cleared to play, and are playing winter sports, including games. Major problem is that Ivy League and NESCAC haven't announced that they will have seasons again this year. Outside of the Northeast, lacrosse seasons are underway, some officially some unofficially (captain's practices, etc.). As we've all witnessed over the summer and fall, lacrosse was played safely outdoors and I didn't hear of one tournament or event that resulted in a lot of Covid spread. The NE boarding schools seem to be focused on taking "zero" risk, evidenced by the outright cancellation of Founders League sports and many schools not even bringing students back on campus despite frequent testing and an extremely low risk population - deaths, hospitalizations and "severe" cases are lower than the common flu/pneumonia in many instances. There is zero or close to zero scientific evidence or data that supports eliminating high school sports, especially sports played outdoors. We need one school to step up and provide leadership by stating they are committed to having a season and releasing a plan to have interscholastic sports. It can be done safely as we are seeing all over the country, it's inexcusable what these schools are doing to the kids and the parents that pay high tuitions for the boarding school experience.

Putting aside whether u agree or disagree with this sentiment I can tell you that my sons boarding school has said absolutely no spring break trip and most likely no Wednesday games. Usually games are Wednesday/Saturday. they did say they hope to play "multiple" games on Fri-Sat since no Wednesday games but no schedule in place. The biggest issue they said they are running into, is that some schools want to play and others don't and the scheduling of games due to individual school COVID repopulation and school calendar. Some are not having a spring break (or a shorter one and others are. Some schools already went back to campus and others are just starting this week. Some schools are ENDING the first week in May and others the first week in June. What all of this means is that as someone noted above this season is going to be put together with scotch tape and who knows how it will come across. The boys and girls at these schools are screwed and are being given the runaround with now potentially TWO SEASONS MISSED and even if this SPring is played it will be a hodge podge of a season.
The season doesn't matter. We pay $70,000 for education. Lacrosse is a dead end street.