Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter is a 2024 and we play for a smaller club and is one of the best on her team. People keep telling us that if she wants to play in college we should move clubs. What 2024 team is strong at this age group?

Others may laugh at this, but you should give Team 91 2024 Crossfire a look. The former 2021 coach just took over that squad in the fall and I don't know that any coach puts in more effort on behalf of each and every player. She's a great role model and great motivator, and is transforming the culture of that particular team (no comment on the rest of the 91 girls program). My daughter doesn't play for them, but trains with the current coach, and she's already getting great recruiting advice. If you try to move to one of the top teams at this point, your daughter might get buried on the bench or sent to a "B" team. Not sure how that helps her. So again, I'm recommending the team because of the coach and the support your daughter will get from her, not because of where the team sits in the pecking order of Long Island lacrosse.

I obviously have never used this platform so I apologize for now posting this three times. I didn't know there was a way to quote the original post (maybe moderators can delete my other two to avoid spam sorry again!)

Hey there! I’m Sam Tilts, the coach of the 2024 Crossfire team referenced above. This was actually shared with me by a colleague, but I’m glad he sent it! Whoever wrote the reply about me, thank you so much! I’m on the hunt for you now (and since originally replying have found you, so thank you!)

If you’re interested in coming to a practice or training, feel free to email me at coachtilts.91lacrosse@gmail.com

You can also check us out on insta @91girlslax2024 or my personal training account @coachtilts

On another note, go where a coach works for you and where your kid gets the sense of being part of something more than just lacrosse. Find a place your daughter can grow while still loving the sport. Their mental growth, athletic growth, emotional growth, and academic growth are all important. Send your daughter wherever feels like a place she can be happy, pushed to her limits, but still enjoying the sport. At the end of the day, there is no point to playing if she isn’t happy. As tempting as it is, try not to let too much word of mouth (even about me) influence you as much as your daughters experiences. Every coach and team has a different vibe. That may not be with me, and that's totally ok! You will find a perfect fit.

Best of luck!

Thanks for sharing your info qe just emailed you. There is not often positive commentary on this forum. it says a lot that a few people have spoken up about your team and your name specifically