Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t see why the NCAA does not push the lax season back a month . The NCAA baseball tourney goes way into the summer . With the vaccines being put out and a natural drop off in viral levels I could see a normal Championship happening July 4th as opposed to Memorial Day weekend . That way they don’t have to grant an extra year to anyone and can get back to normal faster .

I completely agree, been saying this for some months now, though I don’t think it’s even being discussed. Too bad!

Have to think covid situation will be better if lax season is delayed a couple of months, but vaccine administration is moving too slowly right now and a meaningful percentage of folks are declining to be vaccinated. Too many moving parts. Infection and exposure will still be an issue this spring even with a vaccine - there is potential for missed practices, games, travel limitations (due to both covid and budgets), etc. I would love a delay if it means a normal season for my daughter, but...being honest...I don't think lacrosse will be viewed as a sport worth jumping through logistical hoops to change plans already in place.

I don't see how the NCAA doesn't grant spring sports a waiver soon since the season the season is about to begin for many teams. I suppose they could limit to only one additional year of eligibility specifically due to covid, though.

Why would the NCAA grant spring sport (2021) student athletes an additional year when it is the individual schools and or conferences that are making decisions? Many fall sports competed this past fall ... The NCAA did not stop them.

That’s the point . The NCAA granted all fall and winter athletes an extra year even if they essentially played an almost normal season .