Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t see why the NCAA does not push the lax season back a month . The NCAA baseball tourney goes way into the summer . With the vaccines being put out and a natural drop off in viral levels I could see a normal Championship happening July 4th as opposed to Memorial Day weekend . That way they don’t have to grant an extra year to anyone and can get back to normal faster .

I completely agree, been saying this for some months now, though I don’t think it’s even being discussed. Too bad!

Have to think covid situation will be better if lax season is delayed a couple of months, but vaccine administration is moving too slowly right now and a meaningful percentage of folks are declining to be vaccinated. Too many moving parts. Infection and exposure will still be an issue this spring even with a vaccine - there is potential for missed practices, games, travel limitations (due to both covid and budgets), etc. I would love a delay if it means a normal season for my daughter, but...being honest...I don't think lacrosse will be viewed as a sport worth jumping through logistical hoops to change plans already in place.

I don't see how the NCAA doesn't grant spring sports a waiver soon since the season the season is about to begin for many teams. I suppose they could limit to only one additional year of eligibility specifically due to covid, though.