Originally Posted by Anonymous
Simple fix! Get involved! Every person on here has great intentions but if you were all in this for the development of lacrosse, actions speak louder than words!

The problem is the area and many areas have the room for a solid club lacrosse program. When other programs move in and start trying to take over under the disguise of club lacrosse and are selling parents more on "you can say your kid plays club" vs programs like Crabs, Hawks, Looneys, Madlax, BLC. Established dominant programs where a lot of kids can't make it. Those are elite clubs and should be considered club lacrosse playing year round. Elite talent that wants to play year round deserves that. These owners and directors have worked extremely hard to build a quality product. They didn't plop trough in town and say, give me a check and I'll put your kid on a "club team" so you can play club. Then sit back and laugh while it failed and they still got paid. There is a reason you hardly see B teams for Crabs and Hawks. They could have 4 teams at each age, but the focus is not on money, it's on building a solid team. So the simple fix would be limiting the number of clubs and allowing kids that don't make one of those teams to develop in rec programs. But the True's and Mesa's and whoever knows what's next would not like that I suspect. Until you get rid of club teams that are really rec teams and parents keep paying, this is a lost cause.

don't forget FCA, they will accept 150 kids and their money deposits to tryout for 1 or 2 open spots on a Blue team. They also have a second team who helps finance the top teams tournaments.

fca hasn't been showing much of an elite status in MD lately.