Originally Posted by Anonymous
When this World Series thing started several years ago, it sounded great. It was cool in the beginning. Unfortunately look what it’s become. A train wreck. Not watching final game on July 4th on ESPN2. That looks neat. Quint the announcer, nice college field, great time. The train wreck part is what people do to try to get there. Insanity. Kids playing on 1 team in the fall, another team in the winter, a 3rd team in the spring. Hopefully 1 out of those 3 make it to finals. Kids bouncing mid season. Teams aren’t even teams. Kids with same jersey doesn’t make a team. Coaches are now leaving teams they coached for half the year to get their kids on those teams. Parents are driving from other states to hopefully get kids on one of those teams. Who does this? If I told my family my son is playing 7th grade basketball on a Philadelphia team, they would think I lost my mind. Coaches poaching other kids, screwing their own roster, without a care in the world. All the politics with the coaches and their kids. Parents cursing each other. Parents who were friends no longer friends because of club lax. This is what the WSYL has done to so many people on so many teams. My son loves it, that’s why I pay for this. Most kids don’t see the behind the scene stuff. I can’t wait for this to be over in a few years.

It'll be around next year too. Do you think that after having the WSYL for 7th and 8th this year that they will not come back and do 7th and 8th grade again?? $mart money says YE$$$$$. The theme will either be repeat, or search every inch of that 100 mile radius to avenge the loss.