Originally Posted by Anonymous
I played competitive sports from 5 to 22 years old. I was a really good athlete and loved sports. I played 3 sports a year up to college. College 1 sport. In those 17 years, football, basketball, baseball. That comes out to around 50 seasons of sports. Never once did I leave a team in the middle of the year and go to another team. My parents never would have allowed that anyway. How do parents do this today like it’s normal? If your unhappy, season ends, leave. It’s called life. It’s called not being a quitter. It’s called not screwing the team you are part of. It’s called not screwing the kids on team your going to. This July tournament has turned people into crazy lunatics.

I agree with this. However it goes both ways. My only counter argument is your parents weren’t paying 4K for travel lax back then. These teams show no loyalty to any of these kids. You can be with these teams for years and then one day your gone.
It seems a little hypocritical to bash parents and kids when teams show zero loyalty to these kids.