Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really don’t think people / kids / parents care about the WSYL , it’s about development and coaching, playing more competitive lacrosse makes kids better, competitive practices, competitive tournaments week in and out , coaches that say and make the difficult decisions , 91 has done it to express in certain age groups..this is nothing new , It you sleep better at night with your buddy coaching your kid and he gets to start or play more or make the team that’s awesome..don’t blame a kid for pushing and wanting more ...my kid has been on same team for 4 years and i tell him every practice and game is a tryout ..just like life .nothing guaranteed

I agree with you to an extent ....but go tell the clubs not to charge money for tryouts and make a roster and that you'll come in the middle of the season then and save yourself $100 if you think every practive should be a tryout . Of course if a kid is being outplayed within his own team he shouldn't start and may not play , we all already know that . But to hold tryout for over 80 kids then make a AA roster to then have 3-4 kids pop up at every practice is ridiculous. No one you ask would agree thats normal . Make a roster and coach the team to get stronger . You can't have it both ways ....say a team is dominant then have new kids trickle in each week . If the team is dominant as they were in early fall then you don't need these new kids end of story