Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've read this board for 8 years and this is my first post. I was compelled to write because of the sincerity of parents looking for a realistic pathway to play D1 lax.

For those that did not get D1 looks, here are the options: Post Graduate year, consider teams in bottom half of D1, Top D2, D3 schools and Community College. Send video to Coaches at targeted schools and follow up with attending Prospect Days when they become available. You will know if your son is a D1 player when D1 coaches speak with him. It really is that simple. Painful but true.

At the same time Academics play a huge role. Your son may be valuable to a Program if their GPA and SAT are above average compared to the schools acceptance data. If your son is focused on D1 lacrosse and has the size, speed and athleticism (not skill, that can be taught) according to an objective evaluation invest in an SAT Tutor. A coach may be able to use your son's academics to pull in a stud with an SAT/GPA too low to gain admission by averaging the two applications. Increasing an SAT score is likely to increase academic money which is much more bountiful than lax scholarships. Lax scholarships are mostly offered to nationally ranked players which does not apply to the players we are discussing.

I agree with this. One thing I would add is if your kid did not get a call yet from any D1 school it is not over. Follow the advice above but continue with targeting mid level and lower/high end D1 programs. 2021 Friend of ours had no D1 calls until this past October and committed to a top 30 lacrosse program. Great academic school too.