Originally Posted by Anonymous
Father of a 2026 here. Do you see more recruiting from your son playing with his HS team or from when he's playing club?

Club.....our HS coach helps a little but it’s almost all club.

and with private school, head coach as well.

Club, but depends on the club. Some of these clubs don’t have a network big enough and the ones that do, you better be a starter on the top team. Otherwise the recruiting falls on you.

Club year coaches are key from the experience with my son. Do they know the college coaches well? is your team at the right showcase tournaments playing top level? How committed are your coaches to making sure they go to bat for your kid vs. just looking at players are $ signs? Critical questions to ask and if you have this do not hop clubs. Hope this helps.

Having been through the recruitment cycle with my older son and now going through with my middle guy. I can honestly say. Every situation is different. I’ve seen kids jump from club to club some it helped and some it hurt Depends on the kid and the club. Top clubs get kids recruited, they care about the top team first. Their second team kids get recruited but they are last on the list. The “B” clubs get kids recruited. There are recruiting teams that get kids recruited. There are so many options out there. First you need to be honest about your kids abilities. Then you need to do the leg work on your own. Individual showcases matter. Prospect days matter. Your film matters Some club coaches and directors are very helpful others not so much. Coaches and directors connection and reputation matter. HS coaches matter. All college coaches call them for their opinion
Grades matter!!!!!! Make sure your son is doing their best!! Pick a school for academic reasons. Not lacrosse.
Ask questions with your club and HS coaches. Get their opinions. Good luck!!!