Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd rather not say who he plays for to maintain the anonymity here but he's happy and his coach is pushing him HARD. As far as I'm concerned, that's all I can ask for. He gets better every week.

I will say that my son is one of the "impossible" on-age 6' kids though. That was another weird wrinkle of this thread. People acting like they know every kid because they know THEIR kid.

There are probably a lot of very smart people here, but they get caught up in bs about only the top top top teams mattering. People keep telling me that some the best varsity players my son will eventually play with probably haven't even touched a stick yet.

lol, maybe that was the case 25 years ago. Get real... that is not today's sport. Cut to the chase, if you want your kid to play at the college level, they belong at a big AA program. Can you make it at a 2nd level team sure... but you can also get drafted out of 1AA to the NFL... just does not happen frequently.

Silly statement. And completely not true. Plenty of D1 commits who are not part of the 91, express or Igloo. The top programs will def have more D1 commits. But to say you need to play at top AA program to play D1 is just not true.