Originally Posted by Anonymous

Provide data that supports your contention that more athletes at ivies receive financial support that is greater than the NCAA allotment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No data. However personal experience and the experience of family and friends. Ivy's have extremely aggressive financial aid. Especiallyfor families with multiple children attending college they can make it very affordable. Financial aid is not limited the way athletic scholarships are to "12" to be spit as the coach sees fit. There are other schools with excellent "Need Based" aid as well: Northwestern, Duke, Notre Dame, Georgetown etc... I know of Student Athletes who have given up their "Athletic Scholarship" due to the fact that they received more "need based" aid. In my daughters class more than half are receiving financial aid and it is not subject to or restricted by NCAA limits. Every Ivy and every class is different... but if you think that Yale, Penn, Princeton, Cornell and Brown (on the boys side) can do what they do with 100% of the kids being "pay to play" athletes or if Penn, Princeton and Dartmouth can be as competitive as they have been with all "Pay to Play" athletes (on the girls side) you are kidding yours.

Imagine if they could offer scholarship...

My daughter receives 40k in aid to an Ivy. Was recruited to play lacrosse (we have an income of $250k). Was a better deal than most other schools were offering. Anyone who gets recruited to an Ivy and turns it down for a similar athletic scholarship (with the exception of Stanford, Duke, Hopkins) a is a fool![/quote]

This has to be some fake post , there is no way anyone with half a brain would actually post this.[/quote]

Why would you say that? I did not write the Post but I see nothing wrong with it.