Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t know about M&D being dominant. They lost a couple of good players to Skywalkers and Heros gave them a real beat down yesterday.

Since my oldest in almost done with club lax I can tell you that no one cares about M&D dominance - no college coaches - no other clubs - no parents from other clubs. The teams begin to even out by high school. Teams that M&D used to stomp - begin to either beat M&D or give them close competitive games. The only people who care about M&D supposed dominance are M&D parents. And they catch on quickly once their daughters get to HS and see girls from other "less dominant" clubs being recruited at the same rate as the girls on M&D teams. Since this forum is about 25's I'd look at the M&D 25 track record against area clubs. They've lost to Lady Blue Crab, Skywalkers, Hero's, and haven't won the NGLL tournament yet. There's no dominance. It is a strong team in an area with other strong teams. And good for those girls.

Personally I think the current best clubs will stay the best clubs in HS. Sadly, atleast in this age group, the best girls from all clubs seem to end up trying out at MnD, Hero’s etc leaving decent mid level clubs struggling, not sure how you replace that talent.

While I understand you have an older daughter and speaking from experience, I feel like colleges do consider the club a girl comes from or atleast gives more notice to some club players over others. For instance, as soon as recruiting opened up MnD has been non stop posting the players that are being recruited, no other club even seems comparable, unless they just aren’t posting the players achievements
M&D is the only club that posts all the players who are recruited. I have not seen anything posted about recruits by Hero's or Sky Walkers, unless the players or parents posted it