Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

Sure it had nothing to do with the skill of those boys or the training they received when they left the jesters/pal dad coach? It's a bit of a stretch to say he was 'completely responsible for their success' in winning a NYS Class A Championship when he hadn't coached any of those boys in over 6 years (some longer). And majority of that state championship team got years of training from not only a strong school program, but numerous travel clubs including 91, Express, LI Tradition/Bluefish, Igloo, Outlaws, True Blue and others.

wait now ... so he is NOT responsible when his teams ARE successful - it's the players, not him. yet he IS responsible when the team is NOT successful, not the players? solid logic

OK, so the point flew over your head.

Let me slow it down for you. You cannot claim to be 'completely responsible for their success' when he didn't coach any of those players for 6 or more seasons. In case you're still not following, this is in reference to the 2019 Massapequa Boys Varsity NYS Championship team. Jester Dad coach hadn't coached any of those boys since 2013!!

He can be responsible for growth of his club, success or failure of his current teams.....but can't be responsible for somebody else's team/program.

Understand now?