Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St. Anthony 19, Kellenberg 6 was a more note worthy blowout ???and all the little synopses come directly from MSG. SJB just not as sexy as SA I guess
If you are so passionate about St. John the Baptist's semifinal win, you are welcomed to post the details of the game.

The cold hard truth is that the girls CHSAA playoffs are generally not competitively balanced. If St. John the Baptist manages to keep the final game within six goals, thereby improving by three goals on their May 6th 20-11 loss to St. Anthony's, it will be a major achievement - not a win, but an achievement. However, my sense is that the Friars will pull out all of the stops and the final score will be more like the 18-4 match from April 19th.

In closing, be sure of one thing. While you might like to think that MSG Varsity "staffs" these write-ups, you are very mistaken. These write-ups have been provided long before MSG Varsity existed.

The St Anthony's girls really have no one to play; at least the boys have Chaminade. I would love to see a Catholic school entrant in the overall state playoff system but I know it's not going to happen.