Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone knows about the older kids on those teams and there is nothing you can do about it. Long Island is watered down! If there was only one program on LI and you chose the best for that team they would beat all of those teams. If the clubs got together and put an All Star team picked by coaches without kids on the team that team would be very competitive all over the country. That will never happen because the owners detest each other and would lose money. So until then Older teams like the ones mentioned will dominate.

Don't the non-Long Island teams have other teams in their area competing for talent too? Are their areas as big and populated as Nassau & Suffolk?

There are lots of teams in the Hawks geographic area but for a mom to feel really important; she needs to have a Hawks sticker on the window of hew Mercedes SUV (or other minivan if they don't want to start). (Those stickers cost like $2500.00 and they throw in some cool sweats for your son, too.) Otherwise its like you are not really playing lacrosse and there was no point in having your kid fail a grade in middle school. In Long Island there are lots of great teams who each can win and they cannibalize each other, seeming less dominant. In Maryland everyone fights for second place at the 2026 level.

As far as the holdbacks I don't get the complaints. There is a 62 year old on my 45+ team and he does not seem to have any advantage over the younger guys. If anything the exemption guys (under 45) on the roster seem to have the advantage. I am actually thinking of moving some of our scooper's kids to the 7th grade team to see if the pattern holds up.

Now that is funny!!!