Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone knows about the older kids on those teams and there is nothing you can do about it. Long Island is watered down! If there was only one program on LI and you chose the best for that team they would beat all of those teams. If the clubs got together and put an All Star team picked by coaches without kids on the team that team would be very competitive all over the country. That will never happen because the owners detest each other and would lose money. So until then Older teams like the ones mentioned will dominate.

Don't the non-Long Island teams have other teams in their area competing for talent too? Are their areas as big and populated as Nassau & Suffolk?

There is no doubt the Long Island teams are excellent. Great skills and maybe impressive the kids play really hard. I'm not from LI but my son is on a strong team. I think he might be struggling to keep up. He's small but December b-day so on the older side. I am really focused on him having a good experience (fun), getting better and getting high school ready. Probably not worth spending a significant amount of time arguing over who is better. The Hawks are probably excellent too.

Keep in mind - there are 2 ways for club teams to get better. 1. develop the kids on the team. 2. replace the kids on the team with better players.
There is a third way...hold them back in school to be a year older!