Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD RR is hard to understand. Played what appeared to be their back up goalie against VLC and the kid gave up 11 goals with no saves in the 1st half. They have a legitimate starting goalie, face off and attack but they don't run any type of offense as far as I could see. Just kids standing around and then taking an ill- advised shot from 30 feet away.

I agree they look to be poorly coached, but why not play your backup goalie in a game you will lose anyway? They need to give the kid playing time so you have to find games you can win easily or games you know you will lose to play him in. I am sure he'll get playing time against Zingos, VLC and Looneys in this league.

Because the kids that are good players and want to win will leave. Any coach who goes into a game thinking “let’s play our back up goalie because we have no chance to win” and thinks losing 17-3 is good for the team needs to get their head checked.

Elite division is not about equal playing time. It’s about winning. If you are not playing the game to win, you have no business in this division.