Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
These parents crack me up. They seem to think that they have it all figured out and know all the players at this age and speak in generalizations about players and programs. Yes there are b teams and a teams and aa teams. While the team may be b or a it doesn’t mean there are no aa or a PLAYERS on those so called labeled b teams. I’ve seen yr in and yr out and as kids hit puberty it is a game changer. Not just physically but mentally and the kids that want it, aren’t burnt out are the ones that play and succeed. Often times these are the players who were the the top players from many years ago but also players that play on these so called b teams or second tier programs. Remember nobody cares about team results in hs it is all about individual play. I also know for sure some of these players on these so called tier 2 programs and besides a few making an aa or top team, some of them can prob even start. Wait as time will tell but enjoy the ride as it goes by fast. Also worry about your own kid and don’t care what other kids do and don’t do.

Spot on post. And no, I’m not the parent of a B team kid. Quite the contrary. My son is an extremely talented player and has been a starter in a top AA team since day one. I have no doubt he will be in high demand with D1 coaches in another couple of years. But I have another son who has already been through the process as a very average B player, so I’ve experienced it from both sides. My older boy ended up going D3 and had an incredible amount of success. But this story is about one of his friends who my son played town ball with. The boy didn’t make either the A or B 91 teams. Didn’t make some other squads either. Finally landed on the Express B team where he stayed throughout his club career. That boy ended up being a HS All American for our HS team and ended up playing D1 at Stonybrook, with a scholarship. Started every game since his sophomore year at SB. Moral of the story is, none of the rankings, or teams right now mounts to a hill of beans. Put your son in the best possible position to be successful when it matters. Meaning, make sure the boy is getting plenty of reps via tons of game time experience. There is no substitute for game experience. Then sit back and let the chips fall where they may. And enjoy the quick ride. Because before you know it, this whole thing is just a distant memory. Good luck.

So your saying if they are on a not so great team with terrible coaching and poor leadership qualities they should leave ?