Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There will always be a showboat or ball hog on every team. In my experience a player we have who is unselfish and passes more than takes it does not get points for assists because the player its passed to does not score three quarters of the time. She is a high scorer on the team and is encouraged to take the shots by parents and coaches. points/stats do not always determine the player.

Not sure I get your point but if you have a kid with over a 12 to 1 ratio of goals to assists , that kid would be a nightmare to play with .There is no possible way the kids on her team would enjoy playing with a kid like that. I understand some kids are better finishers than others but to me the best players make the other kids on their team better and a player like that does not.

Sounds like my daughters team which got their asses handed to them by Farmindale last night. The only enjoyable part was watching the team nightmare get shut down when she tried charging through the defense. The above poster is correct- coaches allowed it just like they do every year, glad my kid is out but sad for the program because they do have talent and potential.