Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]First this is the 2024 thread.

TG had 1 player make it and it would have been 2 if LD did not just leave to Jesters. With another TG stud that made it last year out injured...that accounted for 3 of their top players with 2 making it. Leg girl that made it is their premier player. Goalie not there. Others not quite same. 4 were Igloo.

The names on the roster are the same names that have topped various ranking lists. Inside Lacrosse, Back of The Cage, even a few on Newsday. Could some be interchanged? sure. The evaluators watched how they played Thursday and Thursday only. No one ever questioned the YJ talent, they question their ability to play as a team. All earned their spots.

All spots were earned most certainly not based on their tryouts they strictly earned by their coach being there and pushing them through.

Honestly that was so upsetting to see what happened at the UA tryouts. I was under the impression that the girls were being evaluated objectively. I truly believed that it would be a fair process. It was not. Shame on me for putting my kid through that and wasting my time. We did it for the experience my daughter knew it was a long shot for her and thats ok. The lesson that she got out of it was the only way you make it in girls lax is not through hard work but who you know and what team you are on and if your coach was there . Shame on Corrigan sports Shame on the shady coaches everyone saw through it Congrats to the girls that made it. Some of the deservedly so from their history in the game. It is a shame that the actions of the coaches have really taken away the value of it. There was a huge shadow cast on the program.

Wait, you say your daughter was a long shot to make and you did it for the experience. it ends up She doesnt make so its a shame? make up your mind..

i agree ithink the point was that was trying to make it wasn't a true tryout which i think many agree with. if you scroll through..seems like the theme. whether you made it or not the whole thing was a sham. money grab and deceitful takes away from the kids that made it too