Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is it that there are still no teams on the same level as a Taz and 91 at this age, in “the undisputed hot bed of all lacrosse”. Every year, I hear “teams are catching up”, but none ever do. Maybe (or maybe not) you can throw Express in there, but I don’t think Express has ever beaten either team. These kids are in HS now, going on 8 years, they are still all alone at the top. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Can someone please explain that to me?
You’re kidding right? Ask Pack about the Express North, the heat and Eclipse. The sport is growing and parity is upon us. Whether its hold backs out of DMV or work release programs with LaxaC there is plenty of competition in this age group. Madlax, NextLevel, BBL, BrotherlyLove, Eclipse, Express North and several others can play with these Taz and Pack.
Let's see WP deal with even bigger size disparity this fall. Get ready for the excuses. Leave Taz out of the conversation, they are B+ team at best, not in the same league.

Stop. Taz plays with anyone. Beat Badlax handily, although admittedly that’s not saying much since everyone now beats Badlax. Cheater teams like Badlax will enjoy their steady decline the rest of the way. Most on age teams experienced their growth spurt this year, so they have all caught up to the holdback teams who got their growth spurt last year or the year before. The big kids from last year no longer are the big kids. And the little kids of last year are no longer the little kids. There are no more “dominant big kids” anymore. They all blend in. This is when the top on age teams, who were always the better skilled teams, will take significant strides, since the playing field is now more level than its ever been. Teams like Taz and 91, who competed and usually beat the holdback teams with far younger, prepubescent players, will now dominate the postpubescent years.
Great post - to those players who dominated based on a rigged playing field to win against younger ON-AGE kids - it's a grim reckoning that they never were really that good and worse don't have the work ethic or much time to get better.

They are what they are. Simply, they are inferior teams with inferior athletes with inferior lacrosse players. Cheating with 2023-age kids is no longer enough of an advantage to be successful. What to do?? How about replacing those MD holdbacks with some real on-age talent from the island??