Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure about the Smithtown question. It can't be out of jealousy-its a middle class town-there are far nicer zip codes all around, no elite golf clubs or nice beaches; it can't be about winning-when was the last county-championship either Smithtown won in Football/Basketball/Lacrosse (decades, except for one lone lax championship years ago). Maybe it is due to the experience having interacted with the residents of the town. Not sure. I really don't see jealousy as a reason to disparage Smithtown. Hey, its a great town if you are looking for a car dealership, strip mall, large mall or a moderate cooking cutter development. T

You could not be more wrong in your statements about Smithtown Lacrosse success...
2003 Class A champions
2006 School split
2008 West County Final
2011 West County Final
2013 West County Final

2014 East Class A Champions
2015 East Class A Champions
2017 East County Final

I count 3 Suffolk County Championships, 4 More appearances in County Finals which is traditionally the top public league in USA over last two decades. Other than Wm and WI has there been a more successful program in the best league over the last 2 decades plus? And I should say Programs as this district is split in half!