Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not a holdback complainer as they are allowed, so be it. That being said, it would be cool if there were more age group tourneys. I know some parts of the country have spring on age leagues and club obv grade based running concurrently. For my son being an on age 2026, it’s fun for him to play with different kids for that reason.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not a holdback complainer as they are allowed, so be it. That being said, it would be cool if there were more age group tourneys. I know some parts of the country have spring on age leagues and club obv grade based running concurrently. For my son being an on age 2026, it’s fun for him to play with different kids for that reason.

Club lacrosse at the elite level is a very dirty business. Win at all costs and build the brand into an empire. The formula: Take kids that are a year or two older, that are post pubescent men and play on age pre pubescent little boys. Great concept! Bunch of db clubs. Guess what happens in 8th grade and later?? Most on age kids hit their growth spurt during the 8th grade. By spring of that year, those tiny little on age kids are no longer tiny. They grew 6 inches and put on 40 pounds of muscle., in that one year alone. Trust me. It’s coming! Meanwhile the post pubescent cheater holdback hasnt grown since 6th grade. The on age kid is as big or bigger than the holdbacks, and he’s a better lacrosse player.

EVERYTHING changes the spring of 8th grade. Holdback teams that use to dominate no longer do. They struggle to compete, against players they use to dominate. They are exposed for what they have always been. Substandard lacrosse players, who are sons of substandard lacrosse dads. You never hear about them, but this is the result for the great majority of holdbacks.

So, all you dads and moms out there of on age kids, be patient. Your sons day is coming, and soon!