Originally Posted by Anonymous
I respect your opinion but it is based on history and generalizations. In this instance you need to look at a few individual player

I agree to a point. But 2021 Ambush 91 has potential D1 level players just like every other 91 B team in the past and currently. Not to be general and to be more specific these are the 2021 Ambush commits so far:

Fairleigh Dickerson
RPI (great school D3)
Arcadia
Colorado Mesa
North Greenville

The 2020 and 2019 B teams had many potential D1 players too. Similar results to 2021 Ambush. You can look it up.

My kids attend top academic schools and one is committed to play D1. Before an offer is made the high school coach and club coach gets a call. Are you sure that club coach will not try and get some of his AA kids committed who are not? He could say: "player B is great but I have five better players on my AA team". Also, he has to explain why the kid is on the B team. Unfortunately, the B team player does not get recruited by top academic or D1 schools you would want your son to attend. You have to look at history. Do you really think that 2023 is the first B team to have D1 level plays on the B team? 91, Express and Igloo have had little success placing their B team players at good schools. What ever the reason I will promise you 2023 will not be better. You are better off taking those players and going to another club. Look at Rebels, FLG and Legacy 2021 commits. Their D1 players are committed to D1 and great academic schools. Why can't 91, Express and Igloo do that for their D1 level kids. Get out before it is too late.

The two best schools on that list of five are the coach's kids. Year after year people join these big club B teams with bad results in the end. Year after year the parents of those B teams are told that your team is different. If 91 can not get D1 or great academic schools for all the AA players they are certainty not going to get a great school for the B team players. 2021 91 has the best team in the country and all are not recruited and some landed in questionable spots. Think this through. The answer is easy. I would pick 91 B team AFTER 91 top team, Igloo top team, Express top team, S2S, Rebels, Legacy top team and FLG. After that 91 B team has the most success with recruiting. Even the Outlaws 2021 who had all the best players leave 2 years ago have placed more D1 players and better schools than 2021 91 B team.

Igloo owner's son is going to a low level D1 school. Why couldn't he get his son into a top 5 D1 school?

Because owners are smarter than the rest of us consumers. He probably sat his son down and gave him the same talk that parents give kids about santa clause but instead with LAX. There is no future in LAX son so lets use your talent to pay for as much school as possible. You can go to top D1 school and come out with 200,000 in student loans or go to smaller D1 school and come out with 50,000 in student loans. More importantly get that Business degree for as little as possible and spend the rest of your life teaching kids to play lacrosse for 3-5k a year. Set for life working in the sport you love.