Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest disappointment in Suffolk Girls Lacrosse is Smithtown East. With all the talent they had how do you miss the playoffs?
Simple. Finish the season ranked thirteenth in Division I in a playoff system with only twelve seeded spots. If that formula holds, they are the odd-man out.

Whitman has not beaten one playoff team and they are still on the bubble with 9 wins. The best team they beat had 6 wins, all the rest had 4, 3, 2 , 1 or 0 wins. Its not their fault however if they did play a more difficult schedule they would not be anywhere near the playoffs. They are doing what has to be done, they are beating teams they have to beat.

Teams that dont have much talent, have to play aggressively, only way they have a shot, so the coaches are maximing the ability of the team.

I am not sure if Smithtown East beats them today, if they have enough points to edge Whitman out, but they do have more quality wins than Whitman.

My guess is Whitman loses, still makes the playoffs, which leaves everyone wondering if the system works. Unfortunately Whitman will lose by 15 in the playoffs if they make it.

Whitman beat Commack and Pat Med...That's why they will make playoffs...